Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
Known as the “Fresh Start” Bankruptcy, a successful New York City Chapter 7 Bankruptcy will help you eliminate the following:
- Discharge unsecured debts such as credit cards and store cards
- Discharge unsecured bank loans
- Get rid of unpaid medical bills
- Eliminate certain tax obligations
- Eliminate court judgments
- Stop harassing creditors and collection calls
- Stop wage garnishments immediately
- Unfreeze frozen bank accounts
- Halt foreclosure proceedings
What can I keep if I file for a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in New York?
We work with our Bankruptcy clients in our New York office to ensure that you maximize allowable exemptions under the Bankruptcy Code: Examples of these types of exempt property include:
- Cash, Savings Bonds, and/or tax refunds up to $12,000. (If filing using Federal Exemptions)
- Household furniture
- Equity in a motor vehicle up to $3,600
- Equity in a house, condo, or co-op up to $150,000.00 ($300,000.00 for spouses filing jointly)
- Your IRA, 401k, and Pension Plans
- Your rent stabilized apartment in New York City
What About the Means Test: The Bankruptcy Code changed in 2005 and now requires filers to go through a “means test” to see if they qualify to file under Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. We’ll work with you and review all the pertinent paperwork to help you make an informed decision and see if Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in New York is the right path for you. We can also assist with any foreclosure and/or repossession issues you may have. We also offer a Free Initial Consultation, Evening and Weekend Appointments. Contact us at 888-807-7070 for a free initial consultation.
The clients who walk into the door at the Manhattan offices of Gershburg Law, P.C. are from all different walks of life. They are single, married with children, retired, blue collar, white collar and everything in between. What they have in common is a large amount of debt and a desire to get out of it and obtain a fresh financial start.
For a Free Consultation contact New York City Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Attorney Daniel Gershburg at 212-390-8866 or send us an email at email@example.com.
We offer night, weekend, and telephonic appointments at your convenience.
WE ARE A DEBT RELIEF COMPANY. WE HELP PEOPLE FOR BANKRUPTCY UNDER THE BANKRUPTCY CODE